Wednesday 15 September 2010

Holiday Makes

We stayed with my parents during the holidays and in amongst all the cycling and eating that we get up to when we're there, I did some 'proper' sewing too. My Mum wanted a cushion to finish off her newly re-decorated study, so, using Janet's tutorial, I made this one out of the left over curtain material. 
My daughter was inspired by Mum's old peg pinny that she always wears there...
...to make a lovely new one:
And I used a software program to design this embroidery. I stitched it out on a sheer net so my Dad can see to position it on his work:
And now I'm ready to get back to experimenting with cloth and fibre. While I've enjoyed making these things, I've confirmed to myself that what I most relish is creating the surface design in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a message!